PERSONA!!! #Persona5 #ShinMegamiTensei #Atlus

Konichiwa my dear readers! How are all of you doing as you read this? Hopefully well (unlike me who is very hungry at the time of writing this).

You're all probably wondering as to where in the world I was, and what I was doing there. Though obviously, some of you don't care and  just want to read the content of this post - scroll past this paragraph if you are one of those. I don't mind, perfectly understandable. For those of you still here, the simple answer is this: I was bored. I was completely and utterly bored. I was stuck with exams, and then having those exams delayed, and then delayed again really makes a guy bored and wanting something to do other than revising for exams and doing schoolwork - I couldn't even blog for you guys since I didn't really have anything to talk about and I doubt that you would want to listen to me ranting about my studies, neurones and the Nodes of Ranvier... Now, though, things have changed. School has finally (partially) reopened and with the release of Persona 5 Strikers, I decided to let you all know that I wasn't dead in a ditch somewhere (just on a really long hiatus) and actually write about something.


Now, onto the actual content! *Silent Protagonist Cheer*



I really like the Persona series, having gotten into it through watching playthroughs of vanilla Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal. I've watched (and own) Persona 4 Golden and am currently watching Persona 3 FES with P5S (Persona 5 Strikers). I have to say, I was honestly impressed. It was a completely new genre of game for me, with an intensely gripping plot that was very well-developed. I'm personally just waiting for my exams to end so that I can play it for myself (on Steam, I don't own a PS4).

The games themselves are pretty cool (though P5 is still my favourite), and I love that they deal with complex issues in society that are oftentimes left unaddressed in the real world. Primarily Japanese society, but still society. 

The thing that probably attracted me the most was likely the excellent graphics of Persona 5, as well as its unique style of gameplay (well, RPGs were unique to me. Don't ask.) and its straight-forwardness in talking about and discussing things that we don't often like to talk about in real-life, despite being very important issues to discuss.

Did I also mention that it has a pretty dope soundtrack?

I mean, that's all I really can discuss with you guys right now. I'm not really sure about what else I could possibly talk about, apart from me gushing about how excellent these games are, yada yada yada. Ooh! I know! Check out the anime if you don't have 150+ hours to spare either playing or watching playthroughs about them, and especially Persona 4's (That one is very hilarious). It serves as a concise enough summary of the events in each game, but not all of the easter eggs. If you are a Persona veteran, though, hats off to you, my friend.


Anyway, that's all I have to talk about today. I really want to get back to writing on this blog because I was sorely missing you guys. Expect to see more posts soon and even some of my original work (like Duel Between Brothers), as well as some artwork designed by yours truly.

Until next time, mon ami!



Comments

Popular Posts